[odb-users] odb-2.2.1 should install the odb.so plugin into $(gcc -print-file-name=plugin)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Mar 14 09:43:33 EDT 2013

Hi Hugo,

Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de <Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de> writes:

> Doesn't your argument call for the conclusion that the ODB plugin
> filename needs a version tag?
>
> [...]
>
> Yes, I like the "same-prefix" idea.

I also thought about this. But assuming the "same prefix" approach,
there is no way to install multiple versions of the ODB compiler
driver (i.e., there is no /usr/bin/odb-2.1.0 and /usr/bin/odb-2.2.0).
So even if we add the version to the .so name, it will only be
possible to load the version corresponding to the current /usr/bin/odb.

I will try to implement the idea as discussed and let you know when
it is ready to try.