[odb-users] Enable RSS feed for odb-users?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 7 03:09:12 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,

Stath, Paul <PStath at Axxcelera.com> writes:

> I'm in the process of attempting to lighten my in-box by moving my
> mailing list subscriptions to RSS feeds where available.

Have you looked at the digest option? In essence, instead of receiving
every post individually (and in real time), you can configure your
subscription to send you a single email with all the accumulated posts
once in a while. You can enable digest for your subscription here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/mailman/options/odb-users

> Would it be possible to get an RSS feed for odb-users, similar to the
> RSS feed "ODB News Feed"?

I took a look and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add this
support in mailman (it is on their TODO list).

Also, my problem with an RSS feed of a mailing list is that there is
no easy way to reply to a post. Before you could have written a quick
reply to a question you know the answer to because it is so easy. With
RSS you probably won't bother.

If you still want an RSS feed, then I think the best option is to add
odb-users to gmane.org, which provides all kinds of RSS feeds for the
mailing lists it tracks.

> (I'm making the perhaps incorrect assumption that "ODB News Feed" is
> an RSS of the odb-announcements list.)

Yes, the two provide the same information and the RSS feed is hand-
maintained. This works well because odb-announcements is a read-only
mailing list.