[odb-users] Circular relation problem with external file mapping

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 22 02:14:40 EDT 2013

Hi Romain,

Romain Gros <grosr.romain at gmail.com> writes:

> I made some digging and I came to the conclusion that the problem is that
> the type of the data member of Quest::steps_ is not a pointer.

What is it, then?

In your previous email you said: "The type of *Quest::steps_* data
members is *::QuestStep, *but it's not pointer." (BTW, really poor
choice of the quoting character seeing that we are talking about C++
pointers). If I interpret your statement literally, the type of steps_
is '::QuestStep,', which is illegal C++. Even '::QuestStep' doesn't
make sense seeing that you are trying to represent it as
std::vector<QuestStep*>?

So let's try again: What is the type of the Quest::steps_ data
member?