[odb-users] problem with sqlite compilation on windows for android

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 17 07:16:05 EDT 2013

Hi Lidia,

Lidia Kalinovsky <lidia at lemur-soft.com> writes:

> > My guess would be Android NDK for Windows doesn't know anything about
> > Cygwin paths (i.e., /tmp/android/include). One thing that you can try
> > is use Windows paths instead, e.g., c:/<...>/tmp/android/include.
> >

> It does not work either. If somebody has another idea I will be happy
> to hear it.

You can try to figure this out with a separate test file like this:

// test.cxx
#include <sqlite3.h>

int main ()
{
}

Then try different paths from Cygwin terminal:

# Note that you need to replace <...> with the actual path to tmp/android/...
#
arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -Ic:/<...>/tmp/android/include -c test.cxx

# Windows-style back-slashes have to be escaped in Cygwin.
#
arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -Ic:\\<...>\\tmp\\android\\include -c test.cxx

# Notice the space between -I and the path.
#
arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -I /tmp/android/include -c test.cxx

You can also pass the -v option; besides other things, it will show
the list of directories where GCC searches for headers as well as which
ones were ignored as non-existent.

Once you figure out the correct incantation, you can use it in the
configure command line.