[odb-users] Compiling the generated code using clang++ on OS X

Jeff Waller truthset at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:35:59 EDT 2013

I have not managed to install odb (the analyzer)  on OS X, but using the .hxx and .cxx files generated
elsewhere against the compiled libraries does indeed work.

There is one warning that I could use some help with.  An explanation and a suggested course
(maybe just silence the warning).

Here's a persisted object called Domain; it and other classes like it declare a query to fetch a particular
element (this does work, so the assumption of the compiler is correct in this case).

I wanted to bring it to your attention, though.

Domain.cpp:15:30: warning: lookup of 'query' in member access expression is ambiguous; using member of 'odb::database' [-Wambiguous-member-template]
   odb::result<Domain> r(db->query<Domain>(q));
                             ^
/usr/local/include/odb/database.ixx:423:3: note: lookup in the object type 'odb::database' refers here
  query (bool cache)
  ^
/usr/local/include/odb/query.hxx:110:9: note: lookup from the current scope refers here
  class query;