[odb-users] create_schema deletes db tables

Lidia Kalinovsky lidia at lemur-soft.com
Fri Jul 5 08:17:35 EDT 2013

Hello

When I try to open existing database, all existing data is deleted just
after  schema_catalog::create_schema (*db); is called.

Could somebody advice ?

Code is following ( create_database function provided with examples )

auto_ptr<database> db (
    new odb::sqlite::database (
      databasename, SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE | SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE));

  // Create the database schema. Due to bugs in SQLite foreign key
  // support for DDL statements, we need to temporarily disable
  // foreign keys.
  //
  {
    connection_ptr c (db->connection ());

    c->execute ("PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF");

    transaction t (c->begin ());
schema_catalog::create_schema (*db);
    t.commit ();

    c->execute ("PRAGMA foreign_keys=ON");
  }

  return db;

--
Software integration and outsourcing services,
Lemur-Soft, Giv'at Nili
Email : lidia at lemur-soft.com
Web: www.lemur-soft.com