[odb-users] Problems with ODB/MySQL and boost::posix_time recording sub-second values

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 3 06:40:28 EDT 2013

Hi Adam,

Adam Walters <adam at navigatesurgical.com> writes:

> If you have a chance to test it yourself, I would be interested in
> the results.

Ok, I finally got MySQL 5.6.12 working (what a mission!), implemented
tests for the new functionality, and it all works just fine. The tests
round-trip fractional seconds and I can see the values in the database.
I also tried it with the client library from 5.5.31, and it works with
that as well.

So I am not sure what the problem is with your setup. I would first try
a complete rebuild of your application (the affected code is inline) and
also double-check that you are connecting to 5.6.4 or later and using a
fairly recent client library (libmysqlclient). On Linux it should have
interface version 18. Maybe also check that no older version of
libodb-boost is being picked up for some reason.