[odb-users] odb-tests-2.1.1 failed with mariadb-5.1.66

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 31 07:31:37 EST 2013

Hi Hugo,

Please keep the odb-users mailing list CC'ed to your replies.

Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de <Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de> writes:

> Server version: 5.1.66-MariaDB-log Gentoo Linux mariadb-5.1.66
>
> MariaDB [test]>  show variables like '%char%';
> +--------------------------+----------------------------+
> | Variable_name            | Value                      |
> +--------------------------+----------------------------+
> | character_set_client     | utf8                       |
> | character_set_connection | utf8                       |
> | character_set_database   | utf8                       |
> | character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
> | character_set_results    | utf8                       |
> | character_set_server     | utf8                       |
> | character_set_system     | utf8                       |
> | character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |

Thanks, that confirms it. I was also able to reproduce this
issue on MySQL by creating a table with the default charset
set to UTF-8. Further digging revealed that we already fixed
this for std::string but forgot to update the default mapping
for QString. Here is the patch:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/libodb-qt.git;a=patch;h=5ddc3cc84883aef3fbb5ab8991ad36c0185404ac

And thanks for reporting this.