[odb-users] RE: about adding support of firebird to ODB

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Tue Jan 22 09:49:23 EST 2013

> Sent: Wednesday, 23 January 2013 12:38 AM
> To: tony.rietwyk at rightsoft.com.au
>
> Hi,
>
>  I saw your post about this topic, and we need this function too.
>
> Do you have any progress on it, or we can develop it together?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Sun,

Best to keep questions on the list, so that others can see the results.

I did not pursue ODB any further 18 months ago.  I would suggest to use the
qt connector if you can use Qt.  Otherwise, converting odb\sqlite to use
IBPP objects instead looks straightforward - and is much easier than the
Firebird C API directly.  It might be hard to map Firebird's transactions,
to those required by odb.  See http://www.ibpp.org/.

Tony.