[odb-users] libodb-sqlite-2.2.0 compile problem

Uwe Kindler uwe_kindler at web.de
Wed Feb 13 16:56:09 EST 2013

Hi Boris,

I'm just compiling all ODB 2.2.0 libraries with MinGW GCC 4.7.2 and
stumbled over the following libodb-sqlite-2.2.0 error:

database.cxx:6:66: fatal error: odb/details/win32/windows.hxx: No such
file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [database.lo] Error 1

I checked the directory /local/include/odb - the target directory of
libodb make install command. The directory \local\include\odb\details is
missing the win32 folder but contains the posix folder. I manually
copied the win32 folder over to the install directory and was able to
successfully finish compilation of libodb-sqlite-2.2.0.

So it seems, make install command assumes we are on a posix (linux)
system instead of a Windows system.

But compilation of libodb now successfully works with MinGW GCC4.7.2 -
thank you for this quick fix - your support is awesome.

Kind regards,

Uwe Kindler