[odb-users] [Search of feature] LIKE in the ODB query language

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 11 13:15:09 EST 2013

Hi Florian,

Thanks for re-sending your question to the mailing list ;-).

florian grignon <grignon.florian at gmail.com> writes:

> Even if we can do a "like" through the native query language.

Here is an earlier post that shows how to do this via a native query:

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2012-November/000918.html

> [...] if not existing, I would patch or add it to the library. Moreover,
> during my searches inside the source code, I don't find the definition
> of the in operator and the in_range.

Yes, the LIKE operator can be handled just like IN. In the SQLite runtime,
in() functions are defined in odb/sqlite/query.hxx and implemented in
odb/sqlite/query.txx.

Also, LIKE is on our TODO list and we would like to support it. In fact,
if you can wait a few days, I can implement it and give you the patch
(we like to implement features that someone is willing to start using
before the release).