[odb-users] Cannot suppress inline file creation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 7 07:52:26 EST 2013

Hi Ben,

Ben Morgan <neembi at gmail.com> writes:

> For an input file in the form name.hxx (other file extensions can be used
> instead of .hxx), the following C++ files are generated:
> name-odb.hxx(header file),
> name-odb.ixx (inline file, generated unless the --suppress-inline option is
> specified), and name-odb.cxx (source file).
>
> If I try to use that option, I get an error
>
> unknown option '--suppress-inline'

Yes, it is something we have already documented but not implemented (yet).
You don't see that often, do you ;-)?

It won't be difficult to support it in the upcoming 2.2.0, but I am
wondering why you want to suppress the inline function? You are the
first person asking for this since the ODB's first release...