[odb-users] libodb-1.2.0 build with MinGW GCC4.7.2 fails

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 7 05:58:40 EST 2013

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Kindler <uwe_kindler at web.de> writes:

> Unfortunately the libodb-1.2.0 build fails during the final linking step
> with an error message:
>
> ../libtool: eval: line 7867: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
> ../libtool: eval: line 7868: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I looked at the output and it is very strange. It appears that there is
a stray "'" in "-L/temp/x32-4.7.2-posix-sjlj-r8/prefix/opt/lib'" that
causes the problem. I am not sure whether GCC was configured with this
path or if it is libtool that somehow added it. Can you run this command
and paste its output:

g++ -v hello.cxx

Thanks,