[odb-users] libodb-1.2.0 build with MinGW GCC4.7.2 fails

Uwe Kindler uwe_kindler at web.de
Wed Feb 6 15:08:36 EST 2013

Hi Boris,

we are currently in the process of  preparing the transition from Qt4 to
Qt5 for our internal projects - so I'm really glad to read that full Qt5
support is planned for the next releases.

As part of the transation we move from our MinGW GCC 4.6.2 compiler to
the MinGW GCC 4.7.2 compiler that is provided as part of the Qt5.0.1
installation here:

http://releases.qt-project.org/qt5/5.0.1/qt-windows-opensource-5.0.1-mingw47_32-x86-offline.exe

Unfortunately the libodb-1.2.0 build fails during the final linking step
with an error message:

../libtool: eval: line 7867: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
../libtool: eval: line 7868: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I uploaded the complete configure and make output to pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/3qZVruxb

Using the old MinGW GCC 4.6.2 compiler in the same environment works
without problems. Do you have any idea what the error message could mean?

Thank you and kind regards, Uwe