[odb-users] Using ODB Qt Profile Library w/ Qt5

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 5 10:18:50 EST 2013

Hi Jordan,

Jordan J. Neuhart <jneuhart at tlirr.com> writes:

> Whenever I try to build and run the tests I get this error:
>
> c:\odb\libodb-qt-2.1.1\odb\qt\date-time\sqlite\qdate-traits.hxx(44):
> error C2039: 'fromAscii' : is not a member of 'QString'

Strange, I am using 5.0.0 and I had to explicitly disable the
deprecated API with the QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE to reproduce
this.

In any case, I've fixed this for the next release. You can either
apply the patch:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/libodb-qt.git;a=patch;h=45611484324c284701d1fb6b5873ed4a05f0535b

Or you can simply replace all the fromAscii() calls with fromLatin1().