[odb-users] Using ODB Qt Profile Library w/ Qt5

Jordan J. Neuhart jneuhart at tlirr.com
Mon Feb 4 16:35:43 EST 2013

Boris,

Whenever I try to build and run the tests I get this error:

c:\odb\libodb-qt-2.1.1\odb\qt\date-time\sqlite\qdate-traits.hxx(44):
error C2039: 'fromAscii' : is not a member of 'QString'
c:\qt\qt5.0.1\5.0.1\msvc2010\include\qtcore\qstring.h(208) : see
declaration of 'QString'

This is in Visual Studio, and I am using version 5.0.1 of Qt.  Reading
the Qt documentation, I see that QString::fromAscii has been deprecated.
Has this been fixed in newer builds of ODB?

Thanks,

Jordan Neuhart