[odb-users] schema validation

Alexander A. Prokhorov alexander.prokhorov at datadvance.net
Fri Oct 26 04:40:46 EDT 2012

Dear all,

Here is the deal - I use odb to maintain a SQL-based document format for
a standalone application, with SQLite backend, of course.
Application is quite agile, schema often experiences minor changes, and
it's very desirable to perform a meaningful schema check every time I
open a new SQLite file.

Otherwise, as I understand, user may encounter some database-related
exceptions/errors in runtime, which is highly undesirable.

So, the question is, is there any recommended way to match current
schema (in odb::schema_catalog, I suppose) to be subset of schema in
some database?

Or I should implement some custom version system?

Thanks in advance.

--
Alexander A. Prokhorov
Head of Software Development
alexander.prokhorov at datadvance.net
prokher at datadvance.net

This message may contain confidential information
constituting a trade secret of DATADVANCE. Any distribution,
use or copying of the information contained in this
message is ineligible except under the internal
regulations of DATADVANCE and may entail liability in
accordance with the current legislation of the Russian
Federation. If you have received this message by mistake
please immediately inform me of it. Thank you!