[odb-users] Unable to build with static libraries

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 10 13:30:02 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,

Chris Richards <chris.richards at yellowfeather.co.uk> writes:

> When I try to build the ODB examples with:
>
> ./configure --disable-shared --with-database=mysql
> make
>
> I get lots of undefined references to 'mysql_stmt_xxx' methods.

Hm, for some reason libtool doesn't pass dependency libraries when
linking statically. I will have to look into this.

In the meantime, an easy workaround is to configure examples like
this:

./configure --with-database=mysql LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/mysql LIBS=-lmysqlclient_r

Change /usr/lib/mysql to /usr/lib64/mysql in the above command line if
you are using a 64-bit distribution.