[odb-users] Unable to build with static libraries

Chris Richards chris.richards at yellowfeather.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:27:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've just tried building ODB with static linking and am getting a linker
error building the examples. I have downloaded v2.1.0, and run configure
and make as below:

./configure --disable-shared
make
sudo make install

I have done this for lidodb, libodb-boost and libodb-mysql. When I try
to build the ODB examples with:

./configure --disable-shared --with-database=mysql
make

I get lots of undefined references to 'mysql_stmt_xxx' methods.

Could you let me know how to build against static libraries?

BTW This is on CentOS 5, with gcc v4.1.2 and boost 1.46.1

Thanks,
Chris