[odb-users] Would you like tell me how to compile the odb-compiler in vc9.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 13 04:42:27 EST 2012

Hi,

haodate at 126.com writes:

> Would you like tell me how to compile the odb-compiler in vc 9.0.

You cannot build the ODB compiler using VC++. For Windows it is
built using GCC from the MinGW toolchain. Also note that for now
it is statically linked into the GCC C++ compiler because at the
moment dynamic GCC plugins are not supported on Windows. This also
requires a patch for GCC.

Note also that if all you want is to use ODB on Windows (e.g.,
use ODB in your application), then you don't need to build the
ODB compiler yourself. Simply download the pre-built binary
(odb-i686-windows-X.Y.X.zip) -- it includes everything you
need. For more information see the "Installing ODB on Windows"
page:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-windows.xhtml