[odb-users] Re: Problem loading long TEXT strings with MySQL

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 10 04:07:10 EST 2012

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Gerasch <gerasch at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> After using the odb-examples.tar.gz, I was able to reproduce the problem
> using your hello example by introducing a vector of middle names.

I tried the code you have attached with ODB 1.8.0 and it works without
any problems. I don't have the 1.7.0 build around, so could you try
this test with 1.8.0 on your setup? While I don't believe we fixed this
specific issue in 1.8.0, we might have made some changes that fixed it
indirectly.

If it still fails for you with 1.8.0, I will need more information about
your setup. Specifically, which version of the MySQL client library you
are using (dpkg -s libmysqlclient-dev) as well as the version of the
MySQL server you are connecting to.