[odb-users] Qt BLOB Support

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Oct 28 04:08:13 EDT 2011

Hi Pascal,

Ok, I am pretty sure I found the problem. In the init_value() function
I mentioned earlier we use QByteArray::replace() function which has many
overloads. The one that we want apparently was only added in Qt 4.7.
Unfortunately, in earlier Qt versions, this didn't result in a compile
error but rather in another overload being used silently. Predictably,
that overload didn't do what we needed.

I have fixed this and prepared the libodb-qt-1.6.1 and odb-1.6.1-i686-
windows packages for you to try:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/libodb-qt-1.6.1.zip
http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/odb-1.6.1-i686-windows.zip

You don't need to rebuild libodb or libodb-mysql packages. Just get
the above two, build libodb-qt, and recompile your headers with the
new ODB compiler.

Let me know if this works for you and I will make this bug fix official.