[odb-users] ODB Help.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun May 22 16:22:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

Please keep your replies CC'ed to the odb-users mailing list. This
is the second (and last) time I am asking you to do this. See the
posting guidelines for details:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

art at it-gen.net writes:

> We don't need to change our code in this field, and we will never
> change it, we're just using it for information purposes in the form in
> which it is in a database. The problem is that this field is changing
> in uncertain intervals of time an outside software. That is a big
> chance that after we downloaded the object from a database using odb::
> load () and worked with him for some time, but did not not yet have
> written back the object in a database with odb:: update () an outside
> software changed the value rating_  on a new field. In our code yet
> saved the old value and if make odb:: update (), our old value is
> overwrite the new value that is in the database.

Ok, I think I understand your use case better now. Looks like we will
need a readonly pragma to support this. I will try to add it for the
next release of ODB.