[odb-users] Problems using --output-dir option

cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler uwe.kindler at cetoni.de
Thu May 19 03:29:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

We would like to place the ODB generated files into another directory to
avoid mixing of generated files with our own source files. We have the
following source tree:

src
     qtlabb
         items
             Cavity.h
             Cavity.cpp
             WellPlate.h
             WellPlate.cpp
         vision
         optics

The include path points to src directory. That means, to include a
header we write:

#include <qtlabb/items/WellPlate.h>

We would like to make the classes WellPlate and Cavity persistent and
place the generated files into the items/odb directory:

src
     qtlabb
         items
             odb
                 Cavity-odb.h
                 WellPlate-odb.h
             Cavity.h
             Cavity.cpp
             WellPlate.h
             WellPlate.cpp
         vision
         optics

But the ODB compiler generates the following includes in WellPlate-odb.h:

#include "WellPlate.h"
#include <qtlabb/items/Cavity-odb.h>

With the --include-prefix option I can change the wrong path to
"WellPlate.h" if I use the prefix .. But then the Cavity-odb.h path is
still wrong and I have no glue how to change this.

The only way I get it working is if I do not use --output-dir option and
to let ODB store the generated files in the same directory like my
source files. Is there any solution for this issue or do I something
wrong here.

Thank you