[odb-users] ODB Help.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 16 10:22:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the odb-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

art at it-gen.net writes:

> So we have an external rating system that counts every day rating, and
> it does not matter to us as operations rating renewed in ODB, but
> important to the previous value rating which now sits in a cache
> program, not erased numbered rating that sits in the database.
>
> Thats why we shared an one ODB object in two objects, and imitate
> readonly follows - 2nd object only read from the database and do not
> write in database.

Ok, if I understand you correctly, you can emulate this behavior by
adding a transient "cache" member (which is not stored in the databse)
to your persistent class. For example:

#pragma db object
class post
{