[odb-users] Compatibility with Third Party Middleware (Apache Thrift)

Szumowski, Thomas thomas.szumowski at lmco.com
Mon Jun 27 15:56:11 EDT 2011

I have some objects that I would like to persist using ODB. These objects are dependent on objects generated by an external third party middleware application, Apache Thrift. The objects I'd like to persist themselves are not Thrift objects, but rather they inherit Thrift Objects (via reuse inheritance).

For example, I may have an object "ODBObject" that inherits a Thrift object "ThriftObject".

Note the example I attached (rename from .allow to .zip), specifically "ODBTest.h" and odb_compile_output.txt. When I attempt to compile, I get the following seg fault in std-vector-traits listed below. (The code is provided for reference only as the Windows Thrift environment takes some time to set up).

I figured it was a longshot to get ODB and Thrift interoperable on the first shot. This is especially true because Apache relies on external software like pthread-win32 and boost. And I suspect the integration may be more difficult than creating a workaround. I have a workaround in mind, but I'm curious what the error below even means.

Any idea why the seg-fault may be occurring for a more general perspective?

-------
ODB COMPILER ERROR:
-------
In file included from c:\util\odb-1.4.0-i686-windows\mingw\bin\../../mingw/include/odb/container-traits.hxx:196:0,
                 from <standard-odb-epilogue>:7:
c:\util\odb-1.4.0-i686-windows\mingw\bin\../../mingw/include/odb/std-vector-traits.hxx: In function '(static initializers for c:\util\odb-1.4.0-i686-w
indows\mingw\bin\../../mingw/include/odb/std-vector-traits.hxx)':
c:\util\odb-1.4.0-i686-windows\mingw\bin\../../mingw/include/odb/std-vector-traits.hxx:66:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
-------

Tom Szumowski
Lockheed Martin - Advanced Technology Laboratories
Phone: (856) 792-9077
E-mail:  thomas.szumowski at lmco.com<mailto:thomas.szumowski at lmco.com>