[odb-users] ODB exception problem

cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler uwe.kindler at cetoni.de
Thu Jun 16 03:33:24 EDT 2011

Hi Boris,

first I built libodb and the examples with the default settings. I
simply modified some lines in the embedded driver.cxx but did not modify
a makefiles or linker options:

     {
       //transaction t (db->begin ());
       schema_catalog::create_schema (*db);
       //t.commit ();
     }

Because create_schema needs a transaction this code now throws an
exception. When I ran the example, it crashed and never reached the lines.

   catch (const odb::exception& e)
   {
     cerr << e.what () << endl;
     return 1;
   }

Both the examples and libodb was buit with the default makefiles (with
libtool). So there was no mixing of different exception handling mechanisms.

Then I added the  -shared-libgcc and  -shared-libstdc++ options to the
libodb and to the examples build and rebuilt everything. After this
change the exception was properly catched in the embedded example.

Kind regards,

Uwe Kindler
Dipl. Inf. (FH)
Software Engineering