[odb-users] ODB exception problem

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 16 05:26:15 EDT 2011

Hi Uwe,

cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler <uwe.kindler at cetoni.de> writes:

> the strange thing is, that it is not sufficient to change libodb build
> to use -shared-libgcc -shared-libstdc++ options but that I need to add
> these linker options to all our DLL projects explicitely to make it work
> properly.

Right, I am pretty sure mixing different exception handling mechanisms
won't work. I also currently suspect that the -shared-libgcc and
-shared-libstdc++ options are not really needed when building
libodb, etc., -- only when building your own (non-libtool) DLLs
and executables. This might also explain why ODB tests work fine.
They are also built using libtool and are probably linked to the
shared support libraries. I will need to investigate this further.

You mentioned in one of your previous emails that you modified
the 'embedded' examples in ODB to cause it to throw/catch the
exception. Did you build it using the supplied makefiles or
did you use something else?