[xsd-users] file-per-type

Benjamin DuPont ben at nebland.com
Wed Feb 22 13:56:02 EST 2017

The I've done some experimenting with file-per-type following the
example here:
http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2008/02/13/codesynthesis-xsd-3-1-0-released/

The generated header file seems to be missing includes and definitions
so the resulting code doesn't compile.  I get errors such as:

   error: declaration of ‘operator<<’ as non-function
      operator<< (::xml_schema::list_stream&,

I copied a header section from a file that was generated with the
--file-per-type option and that fixed the issues.

The resulting code is smaller which is promising, but I'm guessing this
is an optimization on the file size and compile time only, and won't
result in smaller executable code which is my ultimate goal.