[xsd-users] SOAP message serialization using XSD compiler on WSDL

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 2 07:41:54 EDT 2013

Hi Neeraj,

Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in> writes:

> I have a WSDL which defines the layout of SOAP messages that will
> be exchanged between my application and another. My application is
> based on C++. Is there a way to generate serialization code using
> xsd compiler ?

XSD doesn not directly support WSDL. However, if you factor the
message schemas into separate .xsd files (WSDL support defining
messages in external schema files), then you can compile them
with XSD.

You can also compile the SOAP schema for the envelope and parse/
serialize it using XSD. The message in the SOAP envelop will be
represented as a wildcard content (xsd:any) so you will need to
re-parse/re-serialize them using the classed generated from the
message schemas. See the 'wildcard' example for details on how
to do this.