[xsd-users] Unable to create a DLL

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 16 01:55:24 EDT 2013

Hi Vasileios,

Vasileios Martos <bamartos at gmail.com> writes:

> When I tried to build my project the the build was succeeded but there
> was no any .dll file in my output folder.
>
> xsd.exe cxx-tree --output-dir "\*myCustomPath*\\" ...
>
> After the build it says that "Build succeeded" but in the "\*myCustomPath*\\"
> output dir are only the generated .hxx and .cpp files and not the .dll

The DLL is not built by the XSD compiler, it is built by VC++.
Normally it will be placed into the Debug, Release, x64/Debug, or
x64/Release sub-directories in your VC++ solution.

Note also that this is not related to XSD but rather to VC++
(or your lack of understanding how building of DLLs works in
VC++). For this kind of questions please use other forums,
such as the ones found on MSDN.