[xsd-users] Unable to create a DLL

Vasileios Martos bamartos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:14:29 EDT 2013

Hello,

I followed the instructions at the wiki page (
http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_XSD_with_Microsoft_Visual_Studio#Creating_a_DLL
)
in order to create a .dll for my schema. When I tried to build my project
the the build was succeeded but there was no any .dll file in my output
folder.

The command line in the  "C++/Tree Mapping Option is:
xsd.exe cxx-tree --output-dir "\*myCustomPath*\\" --hxx-suffix ".hxx"
--cxx-suffix ".cxx" --ixx-suffix ".ixx" --fwd-suffix "-fwd.hxx"
--export-symbol "XSD_DLL_EXPORTS"
+ the Additional Options: --hxx-prologue "#include \"export.hxx\""

While in the export.hxx I have only the definitions:
#ifdef XSD_DLL_EXPORTS
#define XSD_DLL_SYMBOL_DECL __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define XSD_DLL_SYMBOL_DECL __declspec(dllimport)
#endif

After the build it says that "Build succeeded" but in the "\*myCustomPath*\\"
output dir are only the generated .hxx and .cpp files and not the .dll

Did I forget anything?

Thank you,

vasma