[xsd-users] CodeSynthesis XSD - LNK1107 compiler error in relation to Xerces

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 4 03:31:48 EDT 2013

Hi Dominik,

Waldispuehl, Dominik <dominik.waldispuehl at roche.com> writes:

> I'm using CodeSynthesis XSD but I'm not very happy about it, from one
> problem I always go on to the next...

That's not good.

> Now I've got a problem with the compiling process (Visual Studio with
> QT-integration, QT-Console-Application that uses generated .cxx / .hxx
> files), I've added all lib/bin/include directories to the VC++-Directories
> in Visual Studio 10 and also put the "xerces-c_3D.lib" to the
> Linker->Additional Dependencies. If I do that, I get unresolved symbols.

It is always a good idea to show the exact error message that you
are getting.

My guess here would be that your project is configured to not treat
wchar_t as a native type while Xerces-C++ was built with that option
turned on. Can you go to your Project settings and check that (I
believe it should be in the C++ Settings, Language tab).

> Every solution I found on Google was to link the .lib file instead of
> the .dll file, but that hasn't worked!

Yes, you should only link the .lib file (called import library).