[xsd-users] no input file specified error, even if input file specified

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 2 08:34:20 EDT 2012

Hi Arul,

Please don't send multiple copies of the same email to the mailing list.
One is sufficient.

Arul.Prakash2 at rsa.com <Arul.Prakash2 at rsa.com> writes:

> w3-org-docs\www-w3-org.2001.04.xenc-schema.xsd:19:40: error: unable to map
> XML Schema namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#' to C++ namespace
>
> [...]
>
> So ignoring the warnings(I can ignore rite?).Inorder to get rid of the error
> I tried
>
> xsd cxx-tree --generate-serialization --namespace-map commonapi-config.xsd
>
> error: no input file specified

The --namespace-map option expects a value which specifies how the XML
namespace should be mapped to the C++ namespace. See the XSD compiler
command line manual (man pages) for details:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/xsd.xhtml

In your case it will be something along these lines:

--namespace-map http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#=xmlenc