[xsd-users] Custom Types

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 23 13:23:16 EDT 2011

Hi Klaus,

Ellinger (EXT), Klaus <ellinger.klaus.ext at siemens.com> writes:

> Command to generate:
>
> xsd.exe cxx-tree\
>       --root-element catalog\
>       --generate-ostream\
>       --generate-serialization\
>       --output-dir\
>       --generate-polymorphic\
>       --custom-type "condition=condition_impl<condition_base>/condition_base"\
>       --custom-type "extract=extract_impl<extract_base>/extract_base"\
>       --generate-forward\
>       --fwd-prologue "#include \"Condition-custom_fwd.hxx\""\
>       --hxx-prologue "#include \"Condition-custom.hxx\""\
>       --output-dir $(XSD_OUTPUT_DIR)\
>       $(XSD_INPUT_DIR)\Condition.xsd

If you are using XSD 3.3.0 (or later), you will also need to add the
--polymorphic-type option:

--polymorphic-type condition

See Section 2.11, "Mapping for xsi:type and Substitution Groups" in the
C++/Tree Mapping User Manual for more information on this option:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.11

I am pretty sure this is the reason your example doesn't work as expected.
Can you give this fix a try and see if it helps?