[xsd-users] autogenerate graphical user interface (GUI in QT)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Nov 24 09:50:30 EST 2010

Hi Erik,

Erik Sjölund <erik.sjolund at gmail.com> writes:

> One way could possibly be to provide some extensions to the current
> data object classes. The extensions would not contain any GUI widget
> knowledge but instead more things like element names as strings,
> pointers to set- and get-functions. The GUI widget mappings could
> later be written by using those extensions.

We are planning to add (optional) "dynamic introspection" API to the
object model for the next release. The primary use will be XPath and
XQuery support but it will also allow you to do the above. However,
I am not sure how many GUI frameworks allow such a dynamic dialog
construction. Usually there is some compilation process involved.