[xsd-users] autogenerate graphical user interface (GUI in QT)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Nov 23 14:56:34 EST 2010

Hi Erik,

Erik Sjölund <erik.sjolund at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way to autogenerate a graphical user interface (for
> instance in QT) with CodeSynthesis XSD?
> By this I mean generating a dialog window where configuration values
> corresponding to the XML schema.could be filled in.

No, there is no way. In the general case this is not a well defined
problem (how do you represent nested elements that themselves have
elements/attributes? as nested dialogs? how do you capture sequences
of such elements? etc). However, for some simple case it should be
quite easy to customize the XSD compiler to generate something like
this from the schema and maybe even populate the C++/Tree object model
with the values provided by the user.