[xsd-users] Xsd crash

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 3 13:34:02 EST 2010

Hi Mattia,

Mattia Donna Bianco <mattia.db at gmail.com> writes:

> Currently I'm working on a LASeR project (a mpeg standard for richmedia)
> but I haven't been able to process the LASeR schema with Xsd. I both used
> the windows and linux version:
>     - in windows7 and windows xp crashes without saying anything
>     - in linux says "segmentation fault" and nothing else

That's a bug in the file-per-type mode in XSD. Thanks for reporting it!

I have committed the fix and it will appear in the upcoming XSD 3.3.0.
In the meantime I can build you a pre-release binary. Let me know
which platform you need.

> The command I give are:
>
> [...]
>
> --namespace-map http://www.w3.org/2000/svg=mxm_dataobject::laser
>
> [...]

I had to change this to something like:

--namespace-map http://www.w3.org/2000/svg=mxm_dataobject::laser::svg

Since otherwise there are name conflicts. For example, the pathType type
is defined in two schemas that use different XML namespaces so if you
map all the XML namespaces to the same C++ namespace, you end up with
redefinition errors.