[xsd-users] no declaration found for element 'hello'

Bruce Allen claudevms at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 18:01:32 EDT 2010

I followed all the great advice I have gotten here and I'm using the VS 2008 examples from the XSD sites.
Everything compiles and links, bit I am getting the following error message:

c:\\hello.xml:2:8 error: no declaration found for element 'hello'

There are many differences among the hello example on the website, and the vc-9.0 download examples.
When I typed in the hello example from the website I tried to configure the hello.xsd properties for c++/tree but the link didn't work
and the c++/parser configuration did work. I was able to run against the hello.xml file to generate the above error.
I was able to get the same error from running a build of the downloaded vc-9.0 example. The vc-9.0 properties appears to be using
c++/parser and "Custom Build Tool" instead of specifying the c++/parser or c++/tree as options?

Thanks in advance