[xsd-users] GML extending, How-to?

Edgar Szilagyi edgarszi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:57:57 EDT 2008

Hi!

First of all, thanks for Boris Kolpackov, who quickly answered my Hello
World question. Sorry about my wrong english.

I'm working in research group at University of São Paulo. We have
developed many simulation software for big companies in Brazil.
Now we are revising file format for information interchange and adopting
XML and Code Synthesis due it's high quality. Thanks very much for all
developers!

Well, that's the question: We want to extend GML(Geographic Markup
Language). But, how can we do it? A GML has a completly defined schema,
with gml::featureCollection as root element. When we parse a GML valid
file, all we get is a AbstractFeatureType. But we need a specialized
instance: railRoad. How can we put these two things (GML schema and our
specialization below) together?

This is a schema sample:

<complexType name="railRoad">
<complexContent>
<extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
<sequence>
<element name="railName" type="string"/>
<element name="mark" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
</sequence>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

Can anyone help us? Thanks very much!