[xsd-users] Xerces Solaris issue

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 11 11:28:24 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

Prather, Ryan C SSgt DMSG/WMTS <Ryan.Prather at afspc.af.mil> writes:

> I am having an issue when I am trying to compile my code on the Solaris.
> It works find on Windows, but I am getting a whole bunch of "static
> member ... must be defined in the program".  They are all either data
> members or objects of some type.  The errors all say that they are
> coming from the test driver file that XSD genereated.  I made sure to
> include all the directories that Xerces and XSD use (bin, lib, libxsd,
> and include).  I downloaded the latest version of Xerces.  Any ideas?

I assume the undefined symbols are from the Xerces-C++ library. Provided
that you are linking your application with the library (i.e., you have
something like -lxerces-c in the command line) then the most likely
cause of this is linking to the Xerces-C++ library that was built
with a different compiler (i.e., Sun CC if you are using g++ or
vice versa).