[xsd-users] build problems

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Feb 28 13:36:08 EST 2007

Hi Ray,

Ray Lischner <rlischner at proteus-technologies.com> writes:

> I am trying to build xsd from source. I am trying to use the installed
> ACE, Boost, and Xerces libraries.

In order to build the XSD translator itself you will need source
distribution of Xerces-C++ because XSD uses some of the internal
headers that are not available in the installed version. You can
use the installed version to build the generated code though.

> I supply the necessary -I options for C++ preprocessor options
> and -L options for C++ linker options. The make stops after
> processing/restriction/processor.cxx with no error message.

Hm, that's strange. Are those libraries installed in a place
where tools would look by default (e.g., /usr or /usr/local)?
Do you supply those preprocessor and linker options via the
extra option prompts?

> I tried to cd into the xsd directory and run make, and then I get
> an error:
>
> No rule to make target: -lboost_filesystem

I think I know what's going on. The build system extracts library
search paths from the compiler and adds them to make's vpath. It
does not do this for the paths that were supplied for the extra
linker options flag. That's why make complains about
-lboost_filesystem. I will try to resolve this and will send you
the fix, hopefully in a few hours.