[xsd-users] urgent problem - impelmenting polymorphism

Gidi Sidis Gidis at radcom.com
Wed Nov 15 04:18:50 EST 2006

Dear Support,

I am trying to implement a polymorphic program (schema) which by
structure resembles the polymorphism project you have published under
examples in xsd-2.3.0-i686-windows package. I encountered some problems
so I decided to investigate the polymorphism project.

When I ran the project as you published, with already built schema.cxx
and schema.hxx files than the program worked and printed:

John Doe

James "007" Bond, superman

Bruce Wayne, flying superman

However, when I replaced the existing schema.cxx and schema.hxx files
with new schema.cxx and schema.hxx that were generated via executing the
command:

xsd cxx-tree schema.xsd

with the same schema.xsd file you published, the program ran and
printed:

John Doe

The person container in the main function in driver.cxx held only the
person element and not the derived elements.

Comparing the old and new schema.cxx and schema.hxx files reviled that
they were not identical and had some different code sections.

Can you advise me?

Perhaps I need to perform some other build/execute actions?

I will appreciate if you could get back to me as soon as possible, since
I have to implement such a polymorphic program.

Best regards,

Gidi Sidis,

p.s.

I am running on windows XP operating system, using Visual Studio.Net
2003 editor.