[studxml-users] New to libstudxml

Jeroen N. Witmond jnw at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 29 13:08:34 EST 2017

Greetings,

I'm new to libstudxml, and I've found a few comments and questions for
which I found no mentions in the mailing list archives:

- https://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/libstudxml/doc/INSTALL states
"One configure option worth mentioning is --with-extern-expat. It makes
libstudxml use an external Expat library rather than bulding-in the
internal version." The option name actually used is
--with-external-expat

- When I use this option, ./confure fails with "configure: error: expat
is not found; consider using CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to specify its location".
However, the following files are installed on my system (Debian
stretch):
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1.6.2
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpatw.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpatw.so.1.6.2

- Without this option, configure and make succeed. Then I noticed that
the roundtrip example is not completely roundtrip: The input starts with
<?xml version="1.0"?> but this does not appear in the output.

For what I have seen in the documentation and examples, libstudxml
appears to be a useful library. I hope the above helps in a small way to
improve it.

Regards,

Jeroen.