[xsde-users] Update existing data model with differencial XML

Bernhard Rapp bernhard.rapp at student.tugraz.at
Thu Jun 21 04:39:04 EDT 2018

Hi,
I would like to ask, if there is an efficient way, to update an
existing data model (build by parsing the first XML) with an
"differential" one(second XML).

I see the possibility to write a custom parser, which should make it
possible to add the extra code. But I just want to make sure, that I
don't oversee the obvious easy way to do so :)

The "differential" XML is within an dedicated Element-Node
(<update/>), as you can see in the example below.

I didn't find any hint to such a thing.

Thank you very much in advance,
Bernhard
---

Again, what I want by example:
1.) first XML to setup data structure
<root>
   <Config> <!-- xsd type: config_t -->
      <Item>
        <Name>first</Name>
        <Parameter Name="first">1</Parameter>
        <Parameter Name="second">2</Parameter>
      </Item>
      <Item>
        <Name>second</Name>
        <Parameter Name="first">3</Parameter>
        <Parameter Name="second">4</Parameter>
      </Item>
   </Config>
</root>

2.) second XML to update data structure
<root>
   <Update> <!-- This node indicates that we want to update the
existing data structure with the following diff -->
     <Config> <!-- xsd type: config_t -->
       <Item>
         <Name>first</Name>
         <Parameter Name="first">5</Parameter>