[xsde-users] Errors compiling xmltok_impl.c in XCode4

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 20 10:25:24 EST 2012

Hi Tom,

Tom Laws <tom at ntbti.com> writes:

> I followed the instructions in the README for iOS and built the
> libraries using make.

I think what you mean is that you have generated the src directory using
make and then you are trying to create an XCode project to build libxsde.
Right?

> Once I created the XCode project I set all the options for paths and such
> and tried to build and got the following errors in xmltok_impl.c:
>
> xsde-3.2.0-i686-macosx/libxsdee/libxsdee/xsde/c/expat/xmltok_impl.c:90:
> error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
> 'scanComment'
>
> [...]
>
> When following the instructions, though, I cannot save the "libsxde"
> dir when creating the project becuase it overwrites (as the
> instructions say is okay, but ends up nuking src and xsde dirs).

I guess this is a new "feature" in the later XCode versions.

> So I have had to bring import the xsde dir and files as well as src.

Ok, that's why you have the problem. You must not import the xsde
directory, only src. The src directory contains all the source files
that should be compiled for this configuration. The xsde directory
contains all the source files, for all the configurations, as well
as files that should not be compiled. xmltok_impl.c is one of those
files that should never be compiled directly.

If XCode cleans up everything under libxsde, try to temporarily move
the xsde, src, etc., directories somewhere, create the project, move
them back to libxsde, and then import the src directory only.