[xsde-users] error "unable to open in read mode"

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 22 06:23:24 EDT 2011

Hi Rashi,

Rashi Jha <rashij at cybage.com> writes:

> I am trying to generate C++ classes and parser skeleton through XSD/e
> for an xsd. That xsd includes three other XSD's. When I run command
> $ xsde cxx-hybrid --generate-parser --generate-aggregate myxsd.xsd,
> I get an error saying unable to open the included xsd in read mode.

It would be useful to see the file path that XSD/e cannot open. Is it
a relative path, absolute, a URL? Filesystem paths in included files
are always resolved relative to the location of the file that's doing
the inclusion. URL paths are not supported by XSD/e for security
reasons.

The way to resolve this is to either edit the schema to use the
correct relative path, or, if you don't want to change the schemas,
use the --location-map XSD/e option to map an incorrect path to
the correct one.