[xsd-users] Namespace Problem

Mario Scaramuzzino mscaramuzzino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 03:26:24 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I am trying to generate code from a certain number of XSDs which include
other base XSDs.

For example:
File1.xsd includes base.xsd
File2.xsd includes base.xsd
FileN.xsd includes base.xsd

And I also need to use the file-per-type option.

For each File.xsd I have to use a proper namespaces and I do it using the
--namespace-map, for example getting different namespaces:
File1.xsd -> ns1
FileN.xsd -> nsN

To avoid code repetition (the File.xsd are many and also the base.xsd are
many files) I would like to generate the base code just one time with a
proper namespace (ex. nsBase). Is there a way to generate File.xsd code
with the option that the base code already exists with its own namespace?

Thanks for the support.