[xsd-users] Support for VS2015 / VS2017

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Dec 9 09:52:41 EST 2019

Brian Heaney <brian at inneroptic.com> writes:

> It seems that the .cxx/.hxx files that CodeSynthesis is generating are
> referencing xercesc_3_1, yet I configured Visual Studio to link against my
> xerces-c_3_2.lib file. [...]
>
> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
> static void * __cdecl xercesc_3_1::XMemory::operator new(unsigned int)"
> (__imp_??2XMemory at xercesc_3_1@@SAPAXI at Z) referenced in function "public:
> virtual class xercesc_3_1::BinInputStream * __thiscall
> xsd::cxx::xml::sax::std_input_source::makeStream(void)const "
> (?makeStream at std_input_source@sax at xml@cxx at xsd
> @@UBEPAVBinInputStream at xercesc_3_1@@XZ)

The generated code does not reference the versioned Xerces-C++ namespace
directly. Which means you are either linking old object files that were
compiled against the old headers (in which case a rebuild should help)
or your Visual Studio or project setup picks up the old headers (see
Include Directories in VC++ Directories for details).