[xsd-users] Access of <xs:annotation>/<xs:documentation> information from _schema_

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 28 07:49:12 EDT 2019

Andrei Zakharov <z-andrew at yandex.ru> writes:

>    Is it posible to access <xs:annotation>/<xs:documentation> information
>    from __schema__ using ? C++/Tree mapping? I try to pickup such
>    documentation info from schema for a usage in my code.

No, there is no way to obtain this information from the generated C++
code. The recommended way to achieve this is to load the schema into
the Xerces-C++ object model and then extract it from there. Xerces-C++
can also tie it to a DOM of an XML document and you can tie DOM to
the C++/Tree class instances, so you could get from a C++/Tree
instance to its xs:annotation.